My Photo
Name:
Location: Aledo, Illinois

I make no claim of superior wisdom or originality. I am a student, just like everyone else. My goal in this blog is to simply share whatever God chooses to teach me (many times by my children or parishioners) on any given day. I hope that the devotionals shared here are a blessing to you. I invite you to browse my website - www.fromthebible.net (see "contact" link on profile page).

Friday, June 23, 2006

I Call You, Love

written for my wife during our engagement

I call you, Love, to run with me a race.
The Captain of our souls set the pace
When He left His glory and came to die.
So men may see Him in our lives, you and I
Must do the same.

I call you, Love, but not to lands of sunshine fair,
Nor to lives of ease. But to a place where
We will be reviled. Men will think you lost
If you follow me. Consider all the cost
Before you come.

But I call you, Love, to my heart,
To live your life with me and be a part
Of what God is calling me to do.
Do you think, Gentle Heart, that we two
Could run as one?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home