My Photo
Name:
Location: Aledo, Illinois

I make no claim of superior wisdom or originality. I am a student, just like everyone else. My goal in this blog is to simply share whatever God chooses to teach me (many times by my children or parishioners) on any given day. I hope that the devotionals shared here are a blessing to you. I invite you to browse my website - www.fromthebible.net (see "contact" link on profile page).

Thursday, June 22, 2006

You & I

Written years ago when my wife and I were still dating and found ourselves many miles apart.

What is distance to a loving heart?
I know that some would say we are apart,
But our minds reach out and mingle
Thoughts and hopes 'til we are but a single
Person. They do not seem to understand
A million miles could not break the band
That unites my heart to yours.
This friendship that is ours
Can only be shared with the One
Who is Love. Only He who won
Our hearts so easily could bring
Us any closer. Only He can ring
Us with His arms and love,
And He watches from above
As You and I become We.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home